Click on the following forms for information regarding buildings.
For New Home construction you will need:
1) Address will be assigned by Township when building permit is applied for.
2) Building permit filled out with Performance Bond
3) Three (3) plot plans are required. On plot show dimensions from side, rear and front lot lines, also show approximately where the house will be located. Must show where well and septic are going to be located.
4) Must have current well & septic permit from St. Clair County Health Department and culvert permit from the St. Clair County Road Commission.
5) Two (2) sets of complete construction drawings including truss detail.
6) Energy calculations
7) Proof of ownership. Either warranty deed or land contract papers.
8) If licensed contractor is doing the work, must supply a copy of their current Michigan State License and register with the Township.
9) Separate permits will be required for electrical, plumbing, mechanical and air conditioning.
PLEASE ALLOW 5 TO 7 BUSINESS DAYS FOR THE PROCESSING OF ALL PERMITS.
*Attach a copy of your Driver's License (and Contractor's License with all permit applications.)
Mail Applications to : Mussey Township - P.O. Box 118 - Capac MI 48014
or Fax #: 810-395-7182