Mussey Township
135 North Main Street
Capac, MI 48014
(810) 395-4915

Mon, Tues, Wed & Thu
9:00am - 12:00pm &
1:00pm - 4:00pm

Welcome to Mussey Township

*NOTICE*  The July 22nd, 2014 Planning Commission meeting will be changed to July 29, 2014 @7:00 p.m. 

If you are planning a project, please call the township hall for permit requirements!!!

See the Building Department for more information on permits. Allow 5 - 7 business days to process all permit applications.

A Burning permit is required for all open fires. Permits are now available on-line at the Mussey Fire Department (Burn Permit). If you do not have internet access, you may obtain a permit from the Township Office 395-4915 Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs, 9am-12pm & 1pm-4pm or M-21 Small Engine during normal business hours, 9am-6pm Mon - Fri. & 9am-3pm. Sat. 395-2027.

The Township has two recycling bins at:

IDF Cleanup, Inc.
2371 Graham Rd.
Imlay City, MI
(810) 724-0006
(South of Imlay City Road. West of Cade Road. During normal business hours)

Boy Scouts are collecting newspapers. You can place your newspapers in the dark brown drop off box located at the State Farm Insurance office, 4361 Capac Road (M21 & Capac Rd).

Public Act 102 of 2012, signed into law April 19, 2012, prohibits the open burning of several household trash items that pose a danger to human health and the environment.  The changes, which take effect on Oct. 16, 2012, prohibit open burning household trash that contains: plastic, rubber, foam, chemically treated wood, textiles, electronics, chemicals or hazardous materials.  The law contains penalty provisions, which may be enforced by local units of government, should a local ordinance not exist.
While many municipalities throughout the state have ordinaces that prohibit trash burning, some areas of the state do not.  The new law provides a new tool that local governments can use to address trash burning complaints in these communities. 
More information about open burning, including a model ordinance, can be found on MTA's Outdoor and Open Burning Regulation page.